Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Heidi Montag, No One Has EVER, In Like The History of Ever, Made 'Overdosin' Look So Good



Dear Heidi, *

I do not have very sophisticated musical taste.

In fact, I've often been accused of having the the musical predilection of a 15-year-old girl.

I love Justin Timberlake and Mariah.

Nelly Furtado (new Nelly, not the old crap).

I like that Katy Perry Song...and kinda don't hate the new Jonas Brothers album.

Oh, and as the ultimate proof that my taste is absolute shit, I present you with the following: SoulDecision.

I'm 1000% postive that no one is gonna remember these guys, but they were in the original crop of boy bands that came out way back when boy bands were this groundbreaking fucking idea for all of us. These dudes looked like they were in their mid thirties, so I'm not even sure how they slipped in under the radar, but they wrote their own music and played their own instruments and I LOVED the shit out them regardless.

My fave song of theirs was "Faded," and I just dialed it up on youtube for kicks.

Newsflash: I STILL TOTALLY LOVE IT.

So, yeah. My taste in music pretty much sucks Flavor Flav's hairy dick.

The take away from all this, Heidi, is that the bar has already been set really, really low. Shit barely needs to register in my brain as "song," before I mindlessly give it my shining stamp of approval and download it from itunes.

True, I totally hated your first two songs and think that every guitar, piano and drum set in existence should have a restraining order against your ass, but after reading about how offensively horrific your new track "Overdosin" was alllll over the internets for the past couple of days, I was almost beginning to doubt that it could actually be as bad as everyone said it was.

Cause everyone HATES it. I mean, you've got all sorts of peeps with all sorts of varying opinions all agreeing on one thing: this song should be murdered.

So, finally I broke down and listened to it myself.

And,well....everyone was totally fucking right.

"just sing....sing a song.",
m.e.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: